NTT DoCoMo (Japan) has jumped the gun and announced that they’ll be one of the quickest wireless carriers in the world to offer Samsung’s upcoming Google Galaxy Nexus Android smartphone, also known as the Nexus Prime. Word came from DoCoMo’s official Twitter feed where they’ve assigned a November release to the highly anticipated Ice Cream Sandwich powered device. The Tweet has since been deleted. But wait, there’s more!
Following the early announcement, a DoCoMo flyer leaked out detailing the Galaxy Nexus with a clear photo advertisement and full spec sheet. It also supposedly narrows the release time-frame down to November 20th (unconfirmed). As we’ve heard before, the Galaxy Nexus will sport a 1.2GHz dual-core TI OMAP4460 processor, 4.65-inch 720p HD Super AMOLED display, 5 megapixel camera with 1080p video capture, 1.3MP front-facing camera, 32GB of ROM, 1GB of RAM, 1750mAh battery, and, of course, it will run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Google and Samsung will team up later today to announce the Galaxy Nexus in all its glory in Hong Kong. Read on for the full list of specs and images.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Specifications (NTT DoCoMo):
– Model: GT-I9250, GT-I9250T, GT-I9250M, SC-04D, SCH-I515
– dimensions (length x width x thickness): 136.0 × 68.0 × 8.8 fine piece – 11.5 thickest part
– Weight: Approximately 135.0 (g)
– OS: Google Android version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
– Chipset: Texas Instruments Omap4460 CPU: ARM Cortex-A9 MP Core SMP (Dual-Core) CPU operating frequency: 1.2 GHz
– GPU: PowerVR SGX 540 Immage Technologies
– Communication Systems (GT-I9250/GT-I9250M/GT-I9250M/SC-04D): W-CDMA, GSM phone (SCH-I515): LTE, CDMA2000 Packet (GT-I9250/GT-I9250M / GT-I9250M/SC -04D): HSPA, EDGE, GPRS (SCH-I515): LTE, EV-DO Rev.
– Display: AMOLED HD: 4.65 inches Resolution 720 x1280) Maximum number of simultaneous colors Main Display: 16,777,216 color touch screen: capacitive (multi-touch),
– Main camera: 5 megapixel CMOS camera with LED flash Video recording 1080pHD (1920 * 1080)
– Front camera: 1.3 million pixels CMOS
– Micro USB 2.0
– Communications Bluetooth 3.0 + HS
– Wireless LAN Communication: IEEE 802.11 a / b / g / n (2.4 GHz Dual-Band 5.xGHz)
– Wi-Fi Direct
– RAM: 1GB
– ROM: 16/32GB:
– Battery Capacity: 1750mAh
– Notification LED
So there you have it, that’s the Galaxy Nexus. Excited? Disappointed? Indifferent? I’m sure there will be an active debate about the choice to go with the OMAP over Exynos chipset, along with some of the other specs. Stay tuned, as we’ll be sure to cover everything that happens at the event tonight (October 19 in Hong Kong, October 18 in the US). Google will also be streaming the event live on their Android YouTube channel.