Today, ASUS revealed that they plan to update the Transformer Prime Android Ice Cream Sandwich-powered tablet with “awesome new features” soon, but gave little details. Naturally, we did a little digging and possibly discovered a bit more about this mystery update.
According to a recent note on XDA from Gary Key of ASUS, Transformer Prime users in North America should expect a firmware upgrade from version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 on March 30th that apparently offers a multitude of new updates and “fixes galore.” He didn’t include any information beyond that, however, ASUS Sweden/Finland Facebook pages both list a changelog for an upcoming 126.96.36.199 update that’s scheduled to be pushed out this week. At the very least, we think the 188.8.131.52 update will include these same changes – and possibly more, seeing how the bug fixes Gary mentioned aren’t listed. You can view the changelog below.
Transformer Prime v184.108.40.206/v220.127.116.11 (?) Update Changes:
- Press-able notification in Lock screen
- User can check reminder or notification of unread email from lock screen.
- Upgrade Vibe from v1.0 to v2.0 with corresponding MyLibrary and MyCloud versions – Vibe 2.0 improves UI and provides more media contents
- Support the USB to LAN cable of UX series (Accessory)
- Camera FW background forced update mechanism – Camera FW upgrade will be automatically installed with image upgrade so there is no need to press the independent camera upgrade icon in the notification area.
- Support Ad hoc mode (Ad hoc mode was supported in HC but 1st time support in ICS)
- Keep user’s choice of browser viewing type (Tablet or Desktop website viewing type)
- Enable power profile (Battery information setting)
- New display mode of HDMI output – Scale mode(Default) and Crop mode