TouchType has updated their popular third party keyboard for Android smartphones and tablets, SwiftKey, to version 3.0. The re-imagined software keyboard promises noticeable advancements over its predecessor. SwiftKey 3 is now available at half price ($1.99 / £1.49 / €1.99) for a limited time on Google Play and the Amazon Appstore. Previous customers who bought SwiftKey X will get a free update to SwiftKey 3 as well.
What’s New In SwiftKey 3:
- Smart Space: adding to SwiftKey’s already cutting edge correction, Smart Space detects mistyped or omitted spaces across strings of sloppily typed words in real-time.
- Two new themes: a new theme, ‘Cobalt’, to match SwiftKey’s new look and feel, and an Ice Cream Sandwich-styled ‘Holo’ theme, as voted for by SwiftKey’s VIP community.
- An enhanced UI: a much larger space bar and smart punctuation key help improve accuracy and make it quick and easy to access common punctuation.
- Additional languages: SwiftKey 3 now offers support for an additional seven languages, bringing the total up to 42. The new languages are Korean, Estonian, Farsi, Icelandic, Latvian, Lithuanian and Serbian.
- A dedicated comma key, and the <123> key in the bottom-left corner.
- Refined the Smart Punctuation pop-up for better, easier use.
- Improved Smart Space functionality for easier email addresses and URL entry.
- Reduced lag on some devices for a more responsive experience.
- Reintroduced the long-press duration setting by popular request.
- Further improved prediction algorithms for even more accurate next word suggestions.
- Updated gestures for easier shortcuts.
Note: SwiftKey Healthcare, a keyboard specifically geared for doctors, nurses and other health professionals, was also launched.