Electronic Arts’ Need for Speed Hot Pursuit action-packed racing game is now available for Android. Like its console-counterparts, NFS Hot Pursuit allows you to get behind the wheel of a police cruiser or regular race car. This means you’re either spending your time evading the cops or chasing criminals down as one of them. The game features in-game weapons, 20 precision-performance cars, 24 day-and-night tracks, and 48 total cop and racer career events. There’s also a quick race mode to get your speed fix in when you only have a few minutes to spare. Check out our video review of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit above, then head to the Android Market to purchase it for $6.99.
- Accelerometer-based controls work well (after upgrading cars)
- Fast-paced action, fun gameplay
- Cop/racer role reversal
- Career mode
- Use of offensive/defensive weapons keep races interesting
- No on-screen steering options
- Limited exhibition mode
- Can’t upgrade car parts
- No online multiplayer
Price to value ratio:
- $6.99, good value for a quality racing game.
Rating: 4.5 exotic race cars out of 5
Device used for reviewing:
- Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (Sprint)
- Some tablets may experience issues with steering, making the game unplayable
Note: this game is also available for iOS (iPhone, iPad).