Carmageddon, the 1997 classic vehicular combat PC game that was once banned in some markets, is now available on the Android platform. The developers, Stainless Games, released the destructive freeform driving game for free, today only, on the Google Play store. After today, gamers will have to pay $1.99 to get their racing violence fix, so be sure to jump on the deal while you still can. Check out the game trailer, description and feature-list below. [Free Promo, Full Price]
Carmageddon features real-world environments that have been turned into killing fields, where the locals stay out on the streets at their peril. As well as using your car as a weapon, every level is sprinkled generously with power-ups that hav’e a vast variety of mad effects, adding a whole extra level of craziness to the proceedings. In every event you have the option to play it your way” – Waste all your opponents, kill every pedestrian, or complete all the laps. Oh and watch out – the cops in their super-tough armored patrol vehicles are lurking, and if they catch you being bad they’ll be down on you like several tons of cold pork!
• 28 dangerously deranged Opponents
• 11 wildly exhilarating Environments
• Career Mode featuring 36 satisfyingly violent Levels
• Race and Wreck opponents to unlock 30 playable cars!
• Multiple control methods: digital, analogue (mix ‘n’ match), tilt
• Edit your control layout in game to your preferences
• Comprehensive Action Replay System
• Environment maps and other special effects
• Enhanced pre-lit environments
• Buckets of gibs
• Tons of laughs