A couple of weeks ago, ASUS announced that each Transformer Prime user would be eligible to receive a free GPS Extension kit to combat the woeful signal issues that have been plaguing the tablet. Now, ASUS has unveiled what the dongle looks like and provided instructions on how to get one. It’s rather bulky, but free, so be sure to promptly register if you’re interested, as the offer expires on July 31, 2012.
From ASUS to Customers:
Thank you for purchasing the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime, and helping to make it the most popular Android based tablet since its launch in December 2011. We greatly appreciate feedback about our products from you, and we take this feedback very seriously. The response to the Transformer Prime generally has been overwhelmingly positive, but we understand that, in certain situations, the GPS functionality has not met some users’ expectations.
Although the Transformer Prime is not a professional GPS device, as part of our unwavering commitment to customers we are offering all Transformer Prime owners a free external GPS extension kit, called a dongle, which may help improve signal reception and optimize the user experience. We are pleased to announce this offer as part of our commitment to customer service, but it does not replace, alter or amend any existing warranties you may have. For more detailed information about this offer, please click on the link below. We also encourage you to contact your local ASUS customer support hotline directly if you are experiencing GPS related problems.
ASUS prides itself on delivering an unrivalled user experience, and we offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that our customers may have encountered.
How to apply for a free Transformer Prime GPS Extension kit:
- Please make sure you have already joined our ASUS Membership program.
If you are an ASUS VIP, please login to continue. If not, please register first at our ASUS VIP member site.
- Please proceed with “Product Registration” after you have joined as an ASUS Member. There are two methods:
- After successfully activating the ASUS Member account, please proceed with Product Registration.
- After login, please click on “Product Registration” on the left side menu.
- After registering the Transformer Prime, please click on GPS Extension Kit Apply & Inquire on the left side menu.
- Please select “TF201′s Serial number” and confirm your delivery information.