In this video, we review Rovio’s latest physics-based puzzle game, called Amazing Alex (HD), for Android and iOS (coming soon to Windows Phone). It’s a departure from what we’re used to from Rovio with Angry Birds, but it’s still fun nonetheless.
Rovio provides 35 interactive objects for use throughout four different locations and 100 total levels. Gameplay is simple: complete each puzzle by setting off a successful chain reaction and try to collect all the stars along the way. I would say that Amazing Alex is fairly easy, especially the first half of the game, but what sets this one apart from similar titles is the ability to create and share levels over the air. As you will see in the video above, I was able to create my own level and also browse through 7,000 user-created downloadable levels. That translates to high replay value – nice!
- Amazing Alex free demo (Google Play)
- 4 locations and 100 amazing levels to test your creativity
- Regular free updates with new levels
- Create your own levels and share them with friends or with the whole world
- Amazingly social — share your levels and solutions with friends, or see theirs
- 35 fully interactive objects and four fun locations
- Download and play the best fan-created levels from around the world
- HD/Retina optimized for select devices